Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Basic Black Beautiful Bodacious Bag

So, I made something for the first time...and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I made this bag as part of a trade over on Etsy:



I was browsing some blogs and came across Handmade By Annabelle's blog
http://www.handmadebyannabelle.blogspot.com/ where I just fell in love with her rag coiled basket in blue & brown. The basket is a gorgeous shade of blue with brown dots and the liner is brown with dots in the same blue. I asked Annabelle a question about the diameter of this basket and in the same convo, asked if she might be interested in trading. She answered my question, but said nothing about trading so I figured she wasn't interested. We traded a couple more convos and then she asked if I ever made purses. Well, not yet I hadn't but I have been wanting to try. A few more convos later, we had decided on this bag. So, I've been busy knitting and felting...and just finished it up today! I hope Annabelle loves it as much as I love my basket!

My basket is a great size. I love that the liner actually has the "right" side of the fabric on both sides - that's attention to detail! I'm going to throw some of my balls of yarn into it - won't that look cute?


Well, let me know what you think of my first attempt at a purse. I added removable handles. The ones I'm including with the purse are black felted wool. But, they can easily be removed and replaced with ribbon, a scarf, chain, etc to change the look. I can just see someone putting a hot pink or red scarf through this to match that special outfit...Wow - I've got to go start knitting one for myself. I may just have to needle felt the letter C. U. T. E. on mine as advertising...


Have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Very Very cute. I think you did an awesome job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I can't wait to get the Beautiful Bodacious Bag! I'm quite sure it is as beautiful as the pictures suggest!

    I really think you'll do well selling those pretty purses.

    Thanks so much for the trade and thanks for mentioning my blog and baskets! Off to make more ...

    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete