Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day!



April Fools Day is here again. I'm not the kind who typically plays practical jokes on family & friends. Well, not too often! I have one sister who is able to pull off fantstic jokes - usually at her husband's expense.


For example, one year she went to the grocery store, bought a portabello mushroom and gently placed it in her front yard. When her husband came home from work, she made some excuse about going outside and made sure he saw her "find" said mushroom. She made a big deal of "picking" it, and as she was trying to bring it into the house, he was at the door blocking her way! She was telling him that since they were having burgers for dinner anyway, she would add this mushroom. He's going nuts, exclaiming that it could be poisonous! She finally 'fessed up and admitted she bought it at the grocery store.


Another year, she "soiled" the toilet in his bathroom with a brownie...and left it looking that way. He has a sensative stomach and was very upset when he saw that and nearly lost his lunch. I don't think he was much happier when she told him it was only a brownie!


I have to admit, I did get her one time...not on April Fools Day though. We were sharing an apartment and working different shifts. While she was at work on 2nd shift, I was involved in an accident and totaled my car. Had it towed back to our apartment. Called her to see if I could borrow her car the next morning to go to work because "I had a flat tire". Well, techinically, it was true - my tire was flat! Oh, that passenger side door that is now INSIDE the car - yea, that's not good either. She wasn't too happy with me, but happy that I was fine.


So...what are you doing tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. These are very good. Thanks for making me smile. I liked the musroom story the best! :)

    ReplyDelete